I always get to thinking about my New Years resolutions... sometimes I even write them down. Since I have this blog and frequent it enough in the day I figured, I might as well post it here and maybe, just maybe I might be more inclined to follow through. It's always disappointing to look back on a previous years resolutions and realize I've only accomplished maybe half of them. So this year, I figured I might be wise to choose more realistic goals and try and accomplish them. So here I go:
1. Go to the Temple at least once a month. I'm only about 20-30 minutes away from Redlands Temple and since grandma guarantees her babysitting services for temple attendance, we don't have an excuse. (lol)
2. Read the scriptures with my kids. Did y'all check out the new scripture chart in the Jan Friend. It covers several, not all, of the chapters in every book of the BOM, but by Dec you'll have completed it. The kids LOVE it so far and have been eager to read. It seems like a much more attainable goal. Thanks Friend.
3. Be a better listener. Having four kids it gets pretty crazy in our house. There's laundry, cleaning, cooking, reading and playing with the babies, running errands, carpooling, yard work, organizing, paying bills, homework, bath time, comforting the frequent "ow-wee", balancing budgets, cleaning (yet, again), church callings, exercise (to relieve the stress of it all). During all that commotion it's not uncommon to find me answering "yes" to a definite "NO" question... then having to recount my answer and kick myself because I now have an upset child crying, "But you said I could!". I will pay more attention and be a better listener. I will listen when my husband has something to tell or share with me, and I won't start thinking of something to say before he finishes his sentence. (lol... also known to happen).
4. Be to church on time. It starts at 11 am... there is no reason for us to be late.
5. I will GET READY at least 3-4 times a week besides Sunday. I wake up and first thing that goes on is my exercise attire... mostly to motivate me to get out there and run, taebo, weight lift-- whatever! But it usually stays on for the rest of the day. Not so cute. So, after watching one of my good friends handle all four of her kids and household and still pull off looking pretty decent at the end of the day, I figured... gotta do it and make a habit of it. I've never been good at putting on make-up ( I don't even own but maybe bronzer, mascara, and lip liner... oh and a tube of gloss), but just putting on an outfit that looks nice and doing my hair is good enough. Gotta get out of the "frumpy" look.
6. Schedule a date out at least two times a month with my hubby. I LOVE spending that QT with him. Some months are more frequent then others, but with the busy lives that we live it's easy to push those dates to the back burner. It's always rejuvenating to our relationship and we often leave with a greater appreciation and love for one another.
7. Make an effort to use 'Tongan' in my vocabulary. I finally pulled out that book by Shumway and put it in the bathroom (good reading, btw). I've decided to use a new word every week and utilize it in sentence to our kids and with Jared. I'm 100% Tongan, lived in Tonga for four years but can't hardly get a sentence together. It's pretty sad. But we've planned a trip to Tonga 2009 and I've got to get up to par, otherwise I know the family there will be laughing at my attempts to make conversation. It'll be fun! I look forward to this challenge!
8. And LAST but not LEAST my last realistic resolution for 2008 is to CHILL! I often find myself wanting to be 'in control' of ALL things in my life. Every aspect. I forget about Jared's role in it all. I need to have more faith in my husbands abilities to make decisions for our family and remember that he is the patriarch of our home. He is so patient and good to me. I need to put my trust and faith in him and sit in the passengers seat for a change.
So there you have it! I hope now that I've written them down that I will be more diligent in accomplishing them this year.
1 comment:
Kay L, I love your blogspot and I think you've inspired me to create my own....that is if I can figure it out! So here goes...as soon as mine is up, at least I know who to turn to. Loved your goals and blogspot! love you sis!
Post a Comment