
you frequented the Malt Shoppe (formerly Stevenettes, Heavenly Hamburger) with your friends and pumped out TONS of Fry Sauce to go with your ONE order of frys.

you've EVER written a check for gas, or better yet at a YARD SALE!!! (com' on, I know you have!)

you've ever considered a hike up the "Y" the perfect prelude to a GROUP-DATE!

you were really lucky and got to ride in Dad's fancy-only-on-special-occassions cruiser to get an ice cream cone at REAMS or for refreshments on FHE.

You got ALL decked out in school colors to support your football team. GO T-BIRDS!!! (lol, I was the worst fan... but it was so fun watching everyone else painted in orange and blue).

You've ever had a dozen bags of KISSES spread across your front lawn with a note attached to your door reading: "I KISS the ground you walk on... will you go to the __________ dance with me?". That must've been the easiest, creative way for the guys to ask. I swear every girl got that one.

you ran up your parents tab at "THE RIDGE" (Athletic Club off of Foothill drive) buying the original Grannie B's PINK SUGAR COOKIE , only to burn all those calories getting wrinkled in the pool... ALL SUMMER LONG!!!

You've ever claimed to personally know the Osmonds. And their kids. and their grandkids. Or even had a crush on one of them!(lol! no for reals. don't laugh.)


You're chapel sat back to back with the Stake center of ANOTHER stake. And you WALKED to the chapel on Sunday's with your entire family. Everyone holding hands. (this is actually a back shot of my cousin Kalani and his sweet family.)

you watched "Saturday's Warrior's" religiously and could recite it WORD-FOR-WORD on the elementary playground with all your best class mates. Oh! and maybe had a crush on the oldest "rebelious" brother/twin.

You've ever pointed out the Lehi Roller Mills as the spot where they filmed the dancing sequence or slap-in-the-face scene on "Foot Loose". Or had a relative or friend that was an extra.


This view didn't even phase you. Because EVERYWHERE in Utah Valley looks this beautiful. (I wish I could transplant some of this awesomeness here in the desert).
I Heart Utah Valley. With all its quirks and funny facts it'll always be HOME to me.
* (more specifically PROVO, Ut)
5 comments:
Call me. I tried to call but no on picked up. Were gonna try and hook up with Trish this week. Love ya!
Too fun and soo true. I only lived there for almost 2 years, but thats all you need!! Love the fry sauce, but mine was always at burgers supreme (past employment!!) I LOVED saturday's warriors and watched it ALL the time! My friends wanted to hike to the Y and I told them I would "sit this one out!!" (See I still haven't changed!!) Anyways, gotta love Utah......
Man I don't get any of those except for the Osmonds one 'cause my mom was for real obsessed...
i love that you did this post!!! hahaha i was crackin' up reading what you wrote!!! sheeeeesh... can't wait to see you soooooooon!
Totally love this post - it mostly works for BYU attendance too. Been to the Malt Shoppe, wrote a check for 25cents at the BYU testing center for a pencil to take a final, survived finals on pink cookies and diet coke, one of my BYU Bishops was friends with the Osmonds and I still remember the Lehi Mill when that was all that there was by the freeway. Fun trip down memory lane! I was always jealous of people who grew up in Provo.
Post a Comment