No one else in the industry had the influence to gather together such amazing musical greats into ONE room. Ever. I remember watching this on our huge console in the early eighties and having my mom record it on VHS so we could watch it over and over and sing. What an great memory that was. We felt so empowered. So moved to make a change... and were just little kids then.
For my great-grandmothers 80th birthday in '83 my brother busted the move onstage with "Billy Jean". It was brand spankin' new. And Will was so hip and hop at the young age of nine. He had the get-up, sequins gloves, penny loafers w/ gym socks, red leather jacket. Moon walk. It was awesome. I was screaming like a fan when I saw my bro perform. I can't imagine what it must've been like to see Michael on stage for real. But it doesn't really matter, I felt his music. I LOVED his music. Regardless of the controversy surrounding him in the latter part of his life, no one can contest the fact that he made a difference for good.
Don't care what anyone else says. His music inspiring. His life interesting. His passion, evident. He will be remembered here.
(gotta turn off Na Drua to hear this musical great!)
3 comments:
Bet that would have been fun to watch, the Unga's were all such good dancers:)
LOVE HIM!! Will miss him! :(
I finally got to see this video!! (I don't get youtube at work).. CHiLLS!!!
Post a Comment