Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy 9th Anniversary to My Love, My Life...



When we were dating Jared asked me to retrieve some assignments from his email account. I found that he had created a folder where he saved all of our emails to which he titled: My Love, My Life. I was so floored when I saw it because at the time neither one of us had really confessed the direction of our relationship. I know, I am such a sucker for romance. So for anniversary's sake, I am now doing your 'Love Tag' Pinky!

Where did you meet your husband?

We met Sept. 18th 1998. A couple of roommates at good 'ole 'Pinnacle Canyonview' convinced me to join them as they ventured out to the 'meat market' (aka BYU dance) in Provo. I hesitantly agreed. It was a fun night, we danced- with each other (LOL) and caught a few glances from the circle of guys surrounding the dance floor. I remember thinking "what a bunch of playas!". We hung around after the dance was done and then we all headed back to our apartment to watch some movies. After we got home I got into my pajamas and was ready for a good movie, when there was knocking at the door. I opened it to find a bunch of Polynesian guys hiding to the right(don't ask me why, they were retarded). I was like "Uh. Hi?" then I hear my roommates giggling inside. They had all planned on having 'friends' over. One of the guys in particular caught my eye because he was the first to grab the guitar from the family room and play his own rendition of Eric Clapton's, 'Wonderful Tonight'. I grabbed a seat to sit by him, and he turned to face the wall... I laughed and was like "alrighty then!". It still makes me laugh thinking about it! I learned later that I had made him extremely nervous. I thought that he was cute, but didn't think much about it that night. I had decided prior to that evening that I wouldn't date anymore but focus on school. Didn't last very long.

What was the first thing he said to you?

Jared asked if I'd like to go on a walk with him. So I did. I thought he was handsome and sweet.

When was your first date?

We went to Leatherby's in Provo and had their HUMONGOUS ice cream Sunday. I don't remember what else we did that night, just that we held hands all night long.



When was your first kiss?

Two weeks after we met he made it official and asked me to be his "girlfriend". That same night we walked over to UVSC and sat near the waterfall in the atrium area. That is where he planted his first kiss on the lips.

Long/ Short courtship or engagement?

We dated from September of 1998. We were engaged two months later then sealed in the Los Angeles Temple on June 5 1999.

When did he propose?

It was my birthday and he told me that he wasn't going to be able to make it down to Orem because he had to work. I was so sad. He arranged with my friends to get me to go through the local Subway for dinner and when I pulled up, I found him hanging out the window with roses and gifts. I still have the "Greatest Love Songs" by Lionel Richie that he gave me. He then took me to the top of Mile High Drive near the home I grew up in as a child overlooking all of Utah Valley and set up a picnic. I don't think he had intended on asking me on that night because he asked me to marry him with a daisy he wove into a ring (I have it saved, somewhere).

Where did you honeymoon?

We flew off to Oahu, HI. We stayed near the International Market place in Honolulu off of Waikiki. It was beautiful. My dad hooked us up with tickets to watch the famous "Don Ho" show and we just cracked up when we showed up and the tables were full of 70+ retired couples. They asked newlyweds to stand and it was Jared and I and a few 'younger' (60+) couples. It was hilarious! But it was also so sweet to watch them two-step to "Tiny Bubbles". We went to PCC, Pounders and just cruised around. It was fun, doing absolutely nothing. Wish we could revisit those carefree times.

So there you have it, part of the beginning of our life together. I've learned alot of things in our "young" marriage. First being that marriage takes alot of hard WORK! Noone can make me laugh or cry as hard as you do. You are constantly showing me love and patience and I am so grateful for that! I wouldn't choose to go through this experience with anyone else. You are my LOVE and my LIFE, Jared! Happy Anniversary!

So for anyone that wants to do this LOVE tag... TAG, you're it!

6 comments:

Susan said...

I love this post and what a sweet way to find out your guy was in love with you!

{priscilla} said...

I love your love tag! Very sweet! I still remember him telling Unga and I about you when you two first started dating...and then you got married before us! But I'm so glad we've remained friends through all these years, especially our hubbies and to see our families grow together. Happy Anniversay! We love you guys! Make it a good one!

JeN said...

Aaahhh.. How tender!!! It was fun to read your story.. Thanks for sharing and happy anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

Too sweet. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Okay what memories this brings to me... Especially the Subway and the dance and all the FUN with Jared and Friends at our apartment. You two are so great and I am so glad that I knew you at this time of your life.
We need to plan a trip all together to catch up.

Love you guys.. CONGRATS on 9 years,
Nat

ma'elePHOTO said...

That was the BEST... what was that song that we used to slow dance to??? LOL! College was a blast with you girl!