Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday's

My life is admittedly uneventful. One of the reasons why I feel zero motivation to document my life in a journal. Horrible, I know... because when I really look at my days in detail they're actually very chaotic and challenging. I just don't have the energy at the end of the night to write it all down. So I'm letting go of all my inhibitions and hang-ups and I am writing. 'Cause I know if I don't do it here, it won't happen on paper. I'm just lazy. And too, I also thought, "Well maybe I could wait and not write... and when I'm old and senile my grand kids will ask me what I was like 'back in the day' and I could replay some wonderfully intriguing story of a character in a novel I read years ago, like Bella... 'cause I know I couldn't forget that story. Then we'd all get to see how they feel about being quarter vampire" (if that's even possible, according to Stephanie Meyer). lol.



Anywho, back to post. I'm starting "Thankful Thursdays". I need, or rather want, an assignment that I can start to think about the week prior. And last night, after having a conversation with my sister, it hit me. My life would be less a million laughs and almost-pee-your-pants moments if I didn't get to chop-it-up with my baby sis, Trish everyday. She lives in northern Cali and I live in the southern part. If there wasn't about 500+ miles separating us, we'd be joined at the hip. I think the 6 years that separate us make it much easier to have a sister/friendship. There's not all the screaming for attention, or trying to out do each other that can happen with a family of 12 kids. For the most part she's a cheerful, happy-go-lucky kinda gal and I love to hear her playback scenario's from her home or work. Our conversations crack me up! I began to do a write-up of our conversations and realized unless you heard her talking it wasn't as humorous. Plus, I think our sense of humor is more... I don't know... uhm... fobby!?. And sometimes rather callous, but that's just us. She can imitate our dad and keep me rollin' all day long because I have this vivid image of her story running around in my head. HAHAHAHAH!~ It's great to have a baby sister that keeps me entertained. I am also thankful that during our conversations we have the opportunity of discussing the Gospel. As crazy as life can get sometimes, it's refreshing to be reminded of our infinite worth and our important role as mothers in our homes. She is always receptive to my thoughts and feelings and as I share my testimony with her I feel a strengthening within. For that, I am most grateful.

What are you most grateful for today?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sisters are the best! They can be the funniest because you don't have to explain so much to them because they grew up in the same house. Love the post!

Kaylynn Wheeler said...

You are so blessed to have such a fun sister that you are close to. I too am close to my sister that lives so far away from me. I miss her tons. I am thankful for my life experiences!