Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vaitai Family Pictures 2008

I am so ELATED! This is the reason I got the Nikon! To capture the most fabulous images of my family. And if I can take these, ANYONE can. I set my cam to auto (no flash/ and auto flash), attached the 55-200mm lens, set the tripod then got happy snapping away. And what FUN we had! So for all you photo shop geniuses, these are "SOOC" (Straight-Out-Of-Camera), nothing-fancy-schmancy shots. What wonders photoshop would add. For sure tomorrow.











More of the group pics in prior post.



Papa and his baby girl, Eva. Boy is he going to miss her!



I don't know any mother and daughter who are as close to each other as these two are. You'd have to know them to understand. I can only imagine the heartache that Sa feels having her only daughter move thousands of miles away. I guess I somewhat understand the separation. Definitely sweet.





I LOVE these. If a picture paints a thousand words these pictures perfectly depict the journey that Line will be taking, leaving all her loved ones behind.



Hah! This makes me laugh. Bishop Vaitai and his dread-wearing prodigal son. Love the honesty in that. Maybe I'll enlarge this for Bishop's office. (hehehe!).





Here I'm trying to figure the "DOF" (Depth-of-field). I also wanted to capture my biggest and littlest baby. I sure do LOVE these two!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures Maele! I think this is the perfect hobby for you. It will be fun for every one else too because we will all be asking you to take our family pics :) Your family looked beautiful!

Pahulu Family said...

L, I love your pix's! They're sweet...Between looking at your blog and Oms, my need for a camera upgrade heightens. Your family looks great and I'm sure your inlaws loved you for shooting them with Line before she leaves. Kay, you have to bring your camera when you come up to Tema's wedding and help convince my hubby that I need a new camera. Love your shots girl! Nikon here I come:)

Susan said...

Love the pictures Maele! Looks like you are a natural!

Lavi said...

OMG L! I am totally loving ur fliccs and jealous of ur nikon!!! woo whoooooo your family is beautiful and amazing and i love you all!!!!

{priscilla} said...

Love the pics Ma'ele! I need to invest in one of those cameras too, they take awesome photos!