
So I thoroughly enjoyed this past weeks General Conference. I especially felt a sense of accomplishment, understanding and purpose when our beloved Prophet reminded us young mothers that ONE day we'll miss the laundry and the fingerprints-all-over and all the FUN stuff that comes with being the mother of a young growing family. How did he know that ALL DAY I had been BEGGING my children to behave long enough for me to enjoy an ENTIRE talk without interruption???

We also look forward to Conference because of the tradition that Jared started several years ago. During General Conference weekend we'll make a trip down to Redondo Pier and pick up some fresh crab and all the YUMMY that comes along with it (Clam Chowder in a hot sourdough bread bowl, grilled shrimp, garlic butter, lemon...). This time we were able to drop the kiddos off at Grandma's and head down. Just the two of us (a MAJOR treat). We enjoyed sweet oysters on a half shell while we waited for the crab to boil. The crabs were SO SWEET and SUCCULENT. It was HEAVEN for this Vava'u girl!...(yeah, yeah... don't hate. lol!). We had a good time getting together with Jared's parents grubbin' on this FAV seafood of ours.
Thanks Hun for the fun tradition... can't wait til April Conference rolls around!
4 comments:
Love those traditions :) you were the 1st one to ever take me to eat sushi in hawaii!! Memeber that. hahaha you are the best and deserve only that... :) Is kalai coming to ur backyard or what? lemme know. love you
Mmmmmm Yumm-O!! Wish we were there still to enjoy some paka with you guys!
Maele, thank you so much for everything!...while we were in Cali! I miss the kids! I was talking to Marrie Tongolei at the funeral and I turned around and you and the kids were gone!...(crying). I started to get really teary eyed cause I wanted to say bye to the kids and give them lots of kisses!
I had so much fun with you guys! And thank you for giving me tips on how to use my camera! You're such a PRO! And you're so good at it Maele because you want the best in people's photos. I've met many photographers where they're such jerks and don't really care how your photos look, they just want the money. Tell Sere, I missed him too! I love you tons Maele! Sorry I haven't posted for a while. We moved our computer to the kitchen and we're waiting for Comcast to come and hook up a new cable outlet to our kitchen. Kiss the kids for me especially my pretty pretty little Emeli!!
I loved that part of the talk to! And how fun that the 2 of you got to enojoy a little trip to redondo all by yourselves!!! YUMMY! (I don't know about the oysters....but LOVE the clam chowder in the sourdough bread bowl and the crab!!)
You know I've only been to the Redondo Pier once and I love those clam chowder bowls and the vana yummmmmmm!!!!
Post a Comment