Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vegas? Coach? Shopping Spree?...OR

The end of the year is pretty busy for our little fam.

Everyone but Lu has a birthday this time of the year.... including moi (who- might I add- NEVER gets any birthday ANYTHING... not that I'm counting but it's just the way it happens to play out in my oh-so-considerate fam. lol!).

Sooooo... seeing that I'll be turning the B-I-G THREE OH this year, I got to thinking,

'Hey... I think it's about time I do SOMETHING for my birthday... like, seriously! It's ABOUT TIME!!! Right?!@ '

and I've kept this thought in my mind for a minute or so. Then last night I ran across this musical prodigy through the always enticing youtube.... AND FELL IN LUUVVVVVV!!!



WITH HIS MUSIC OF COURSE!!!

and then became INSANELY jealous of all my fellow Utahns that are privileged to take this musician home. Literally. He's humble enough to set up his skills in your BACKYARD and serenade you and all your buds with his delicious vocals and acoustics ALL NIGHT LONG (well I'm sure not that long... but LONG enough). To me.... PURE HEAVEN!!!! He's LDS and my little bro told me that he just recorded a new album of church hymns (rumor? I hope not!) I Can't WAIT to hear it!

Man...
Forget the Vegas 'girls trip' with my sis's
And the coveted designer bags
or the well deserved wardrobe shopping spree....

Just bring home a little KALAI (for a LIVE showing in MY BACKYARD) and I'll be happy for another THREE OH years!!!!

(*HINT*HINT*HINT*HINT*... Come on Jared!!!! I promise it'll be BETTER than Vegas!)

But hey, nice postlude to "Birthday on a budget" huh?!

11 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

K Maele...I totally agree with you!! How come I when I was at TOFW we stopped by the deseret book store and I bought the johnny lingo soundtrack and this song was on there and I listen to it over and over and over in my car. THen Nale heard it (the whole way up the hill in my car) and was like "I think this needs to be my new myspace song!!" ANyways, You deserve a GOOD 30th...You know theres always Mud Pie with a little "happy birthday" song!!!

The Horvath Crew said...

Well I hope Jared gets the *hint*hint. you totally deserve a great 30th b-day. If there is any Mud Pie night you know I will be there. :)

Raich said...

Man...if he doesn't get the hint do it anyways!! Or whatever else you want to!! Our 30s are gonna be awesome! Right?

Unknown said...

Maele.. I just love him too! Do you remember back in the myspace days before blogger(haha) when I had his song Divide Me on my page? Have you heard that one? It is my favorite! Listen to it and tell me what you think! Oh...and if this event happens in your yard, I am so there! Even if i'm not invited, I'll just get out my lawn chair and ear hustle!LOL ...Luv Ya!

Line'sLucky3 said...

Ok, now you know you gotta drop bigger hints than this blog thing for my brother because...hello...he is so like oblivious sometimes. I love the guy but thats our dad in him. LOL Ok, I just put my brother and my dad on blast for the whole universe to read...LOL Lots of love to them both and especially to you L.

ma'elePHOTO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ma'elePHOTO said...

Hello Jenna... if this event happens to HAPPPEEEN- I'm inviting all my buds from far and NEAR!!! LOL! Oh, and you'll be in charge of your yummy drink concoctions! I know you'd LOVE it!!! I'm crossing fingers right now!!!!

Pahulu Family said...

L,
I hope your bday wishes come tru! You deserve it girl, and if you need me to do anything to get the ball rolling, let me know. Your bday bash already sounds like do much fun whether you have your own private concert, shopping spree,or trip to vegas....their all great plans. Keep us posted! So when is your photography business up and coming? Can't wait to see your work and know what you have learned! We need to catch up! love ya!

Susan said...

Maele ~

Any of those ideas would be a great way to celebrate the 30! But a backyard show - I'll come work in the kitchen making treats just to be able to hear through the window. :)

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Hey I just wanted to shout out a huge thank you for being # 9 on my comments!!! That is the mostest ever I ever got!!! Anyway, so the big 3-0 is comin up huh?? When? If Jared doesn't get the hint, then maybe you should write it and put it on his pillow at night!! OR wherever he will NOT miss it! Sign it annomynous! (is that how it is spelled??)Anyway,Oh and so you want to be me when you grow up huh? I am forever flatered!!!! Gosh, what can I say? many thanks!
love you!
Love ya

Lavi said...

C'mon Jared dawg L so much more than deserves this ;) ur too cute L hope your bday is the bestest ever!!!