
This past weekend I headed out to Utah for my nephews baptism. It was my first SOLO trip in a LONG time and I LOVED it! My lil' bro Henry picked me up from SLC airport and since we had time to kill before Trish came in we headed to Gateway for lunch and a little "people watching" (I love to check out all the trendy Utahns! LOL!). Hen took me to a lovely spot called ThaiFoon. It was really yummy (but GO BANKOK still tops!).

Then we had a GOOD laugh when we picked Trish up from SLC and she was dressed like this when everyone else was cozy warm in winterwear. Although it was blue sky BEAUTIFUL, it was FREEEEEEEZER cold!



Here's the reason I came out. All Jarom's family gathered from both sides to witness his baptism. It was so sweet and simple. I LOVE getting together with family for events like these!!!

All the fam headed to Soni's tailgate for Harvey at BYU... I wish I could've caught this image but I didn't. It was FREEZING cold and I wanted to be indoors watching under a WARM sipi. I know, I know!!! But I was cheering-- GO GOOGERS!!! (FOB STORY: Our Uncle came in from Hawaii to watch one of Harvey's games and saw the "G" on the mountain in Pleasant Grove and excitedly says "GO GOOGERS!" thinking that's what the "G" meant! Man...LMBO FOB!!!)

Afterwards my sweet cousins took Trish and I out for a night on the town. (Thanks Dem and Lav!!!) We were dying to find vintage treasures at the local DI and scored BIGTIME on mucho treasures!!! Then we headed to a local sushi bar, SUSHI YA! It was SO YUM YUMMY!!! Can't wait to hit up that spot once again! and of course before it closed I HAD to make my run to an LDS bookstore (So lucky, you Utahns, to have such great literature at your fingertips!). We spent the rest of the evening telling almost-pee-your-pants stories 'til the crack of dawn. Such a GREAT time!!! (Missed you Jane!)
I had a GREAT short trip. Almost TOO SHORT!!! Wish I could've had one more day... because when I got home this is what I got...

...Emi crying because she was DYING to go back to her grandma's house. I really would've taken her back but I had to give grandma a break since she had them ALL WEEKEND LONG!
AHHHH!!!! Such a GREAT breather! Although it was nice to have a little break, I did miss my little kiddos and their noise and craziness.
7 comments:
I am soo glad you had so much fun!!! Isn't it nice to get away KID-LESS!!! Love the thai food, we need to go to up here SOON!! I wanted to go for my bday, but never did it!! I was loving emi's face cuz that is soo what happens ALL THE TIME when you finally get a break and come back thinking your kids are going to miss you and be soo good cuz you have been gone for a long time, and then Whaa..whaa....whaa....!~!!!
Man, Emi...I miss your grumpy face!! I love you too too much...Aunty Ne!
L,
Tema called me while I was still in Cali and told me how much fun ya'll had. Of course you had to come down the weekend I left. We ended up leaving Wednesday and didn't get back until today. I also will need to call your friend again and conference you in so we can get the 411 on that one. Love ya
LMBO!! Maele I love this post! Especially the one of Emi!! I wonder where she gets her grumpy face from? Maybe from her grumpy Grandma Line Sr over here...lol!! I love Emi!! I don't blame Emi one bit for wanting to stay with her Grandma!! How sad!! I bet her grandma was crying too missing her!! Sweet Emi! Love and miss you guys!
Awww L you lil' photographer :) I had so much fun spending time with the two childless for the wkend moms ;) you and Trish. It's always g'd times to visit and catch up. Glad you liked our little hole in the wall sushi place!! Can't wait for ur next visit!!! Love you muchos!
wow, i originally just came on your page cuz lavs said that you had pics up.. but can i tell you that i had soo soo much fun reading your blogs!! L, you are just so much fun and I really admire how positive you are.. You honestly make things more fun and it's always a pleasure to have to visiting us in the 801.. I love you pictures! so amazing dude, and I think I'm bout to save some money and try it on my own too! love you L! give my love to your fams.
OH Dem !!! I love that you FINALLY got one of these. We had a BLAST with you guys, Dee included. I'm sure he was thinking our jokes and stories were so retarded, but atleast we got them! LMBO! Visiting reminded me HOW MUCH I MISSED being around you guys! We'll plan something soon... JUST US GIRLS!!!
Post a Comment