Sunday, July 27, 2008

A little superstition?!





"Mom... Hey, Mom!" Moe Moe yells. "Look at me!", he says as he tucks his head between his arms looking through his legs.

I laugh a little and think "Oh! how cute" then realize what they are doing. "No, no... you guys get up!", I hurriedly tell them. They eventually stand upright. The women around me know why I've suddenly become concerned and laugh then tease... "Man, Ma'ele... you know what that means, right?!" (a little laughter).

"Yeah, Yeah..." I say. I try to forget that I even saw that. But in the back of my mind I've always kindof believed in a little superstition.

In the Tongan culture, when a child does this it means you'll be expecting soon. It happened with my other three. BUT... since I've already declared that "I'm done!" giving birth, I realize how this superstitious act messes with my plan. Man, can't the kids just be on board with my declaration??? LOL.

And plus- I've only got one kid doing the half rollie pollie. Sarah's got two! Does that give her double the dose of fertility??? (JK Sarah! hehehe)

Hummmm... I guess we'll have to really see who's next?!

Anyhow, what's a little superstition anyway?!!

(btw- for those who bloglist, there are two more before this post! Happy Blogging!)

4 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

UM....I dont even think so!!!! My kids were just following yours!! So maybe thats 3 for you lol!! That was too funny, they were too cute!

Susan said...

Such great pictures and a fun birthday! Can't wait to see some pictures taken with the Nikon!

Unknown said...

Hey I believe this one! I swear my kids did this just before I got pregnant with Nevaeh and Calvin! My mother in law would laugh and laugh....BUT.... Nevaeh was just doing it a couple days ago, and I'm not anywhere near there so it must be only sometimes!

Pahulu Family said...

L, you are too funny! Lehua's got that lil' move down and I can't lie although its superstition, I can't help but think, what if? I do think we need at least one more, maybe 2...but I think 5 is my magic number if I ever get there. I was showing my boys the picture of the kids at the beach and they were like, "Mom, why haven't you taken us to the beach?" I didn't realize that my children have been deprived of such a fun experience. So next time we come down, we'll definitely have to hit the beach! Love you guys!