Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday on a budget...

I tried to see how economical I could pull this off and still have it be super duper cute and fun!...











8 polka-dot invites made with CTMH stamps:
$1.00
24 foil STAR chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting:
$2.49
Balloon and streamer decorations:
$2.00
Colorful BIRTHDAY papergoods:
$5.00
Goodie bags/ prizes (with MUCH thanks to Moe for extra bday loot):
$3.00
2 fresh pizza's from 'I Love Donuts',chips and fruit:
$14.98
Borrowing a Bonzai water slide from a friend (THANKS Kaylynn!):
FREE
'Kid Tunes' off dish network for bday ambiance:
FREE

Throwing a party for my baby girl and her bestbuds w/o breaking the bank:

PRICELESS!!!!
(and I think this has been your funnest birthday party so far!)

12 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I LOVE IT MAELE!!! It was decorated soo cute and the food was super yummy and the kids had a blast! It's so nice to know that you don't have to spend a fortune to throw your kids a party every year....just make a trip to the dollar store and pick up some pizza on the way home! Love it!! (The pics turned out soo cute, I swear they look like mini post cards...love the pics of the cupcakes and presants, fun way to show off Emi's bday!

Devri said...

Sorry I was blurking on peoples blog, I found you through a friend. I just have to say that your famiii is gorgeous. And your photos too. Malo for letting me blurk on your blog.

You may blurk my tribe if you want

Http://www.thenaulutribe.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Maele you are so amazing! I love budgets!! It's the best! And what's even awesome is not spending so much money and get the feeling of a million dollars because you accomplished to stay within your budget and have a flood of memories and good times! Ryan and I have to live on a budget or we'd be out on the streets!...lol. I love your ideas Maele! You should have your own show on t.v. or be a consultant for people on how to live life and not break your budget. You're so freakin' awesome Maele! Love you tons!! And Emi, you are just a sweetheart!! Glad you had the best birthday party ever!! You've got the best mommy!

Raich said...

great pics

Pahulu Family said...

That is definitely the way to throw a party! I got to learn more from you...especially with the little ones its easy to get away with parties on a budget as oppose to when they get older. Looked like alot of fun! And if there is one memory I have of Emi it is, she is always wearing a bathing suit and loves the water! Love you guys and I promise to call you today L so we can catch up.

Lavi said...

mission accomplished!!! wooo whooo you are SUPER PLANNING MOMMY OF THE YEAR!!!

mary said...

you go girl!! that's what i'm talking about. thats my kind of birthday and these pics look SO cute. wow - i gotta take notes. . . you should be a party planner!

The Horvath Crew said...

Maele it looked like such a fun party. I know Kaden had a blast. Good job with your budgeting, what's great is they all had so much fun and kids don't care how much things cost, at least anyway. Well I just love that pic of kade and emi-so cute. Hey so seriously after you take pics of sarahs kids, I am next okay. I know sarah should of had first dibs, so she is definitely next, I won't cut in line. You so need to start your own biz. You're awesome!

ma'elePHOTO said...

Liz... you crack me up! Yeah you're for sure next if Sarah can find the time to fit me into her schedule! (lol!). I'll be doing holiday shoots in October just in time for xmas cards.

Anonymous said...

L,

Okay are we on for Cali this week or what? I will call you tomorrow... I have a plan so hopefully Jared can fill in for you.. I mean you know what I mean.. Girls day out.

Nate

ma'elePHOTO said...

You're on Nate!!!! Love you girl, can't wait. Hey did you talk to Pam??? said she was going to call you, I think they'll be down also.

Line'sLucky3 said...

Im missing my grumpy Emi!! I wish I could have been there for your birthday Emi. You know I would have so left work early to bring the girls to your party and to see you run and party with all your little friends. You already know that if Aunty Ne was there, you would have had a big budget party. LOL J/K Maele...thanks for the ideas because Im going to scale down my girls parties while we are out here in Guam. I know they will have something to say about that...oh yeah and so will their dad but oh well. Love you all so much!!