Monday, October 27, 2008

grey NO MORE!!!



What a RUDE AWAKENING!

I didn't realized until this past week how much of an IMPACT Proposition 8 was having on mainstream media. I am a self-confessed TV junkie. I've always enjoyed curling up to a good show after all the kiddos are in bed and the house is CLEAN! But after watching a few excerpts of shows on LOCAL CHANNELS this past week I can't begin to describe the FILTH I felt... Even a USED-TO-BE favorite show of mine, GREY'S (can't even finish the name I am so DISGUSTED)uphauled me most. Did anyone watch that one??? What the FREAK?! That's it! , I thought. I'm cutting this and about half the other shows OUT!!! . I wanted to shower and SCRUB the filth that I felt in my mind.

If this proposition does not pass our children will face MANY consequences. One being the FACT that they will not be able to watch DAYTIME TV including CHILDREN'S shows without the issue being highlighted or addressed. WE MUST PASS THIS PROPOSITION! I don't want what I saw last week SHOVED down my children's throats. TV or not!

Marriage is SACRED and ordained of God to be between a MAN and a WOMAN. If you haven't taken a stand on this issue, NOW'S THE TIME!!! (And as I say this I REPENT from my futile efforts.)

LET'S ALL PROTECT MARRIAGE!!!.

Vote YES on Prop 8!!!

10 comments:

Luela said...

You think Greys Anatomy is bad...have you heard of the show "Swingtown"? Oh yeah..that's even worse...

Stacie Lang said...

Good for you! I agree 100% only a week left lets talk to everyone we can.

Unknown said...

Stacie is right, it's almost here! I am so anxious to see what happens. I wish we could say that righteousness will prevail, but it doesn't always happen that way! I am so happy that so many of us have had the chance to make up our minds on this issue, where before maybe we didn't pay it much attention! I'll see you at the polls!

Anonymous said...

Maele, I'm the biggest couch potato and I'm so glad that I'm getting myself more and more busy with my calling and school rather than sitting at home watching these filthy shows! I totally agree with you! Here in Bountiful they have alot of church women leaders that constantly fight against bad shows, billboards, magazines at the local family stores like Dicks, Macy's, Harmons, Reams to cover all magazine racks with a blank white board over it. Of course they don't have the right to take it off the shelves but they can cover it. Each time we walk into the store and we mention it to the store how grateful we are for covering the magazines, the store marks it down to continue with it. And you know all these family owned stores are mainly lds shoppers so it's so easy to win that fight for the magazines to be covered. It's a great idea!

The only reason why I know about all these things is because our Landlord lady is one of the councils for Bountiful that represents the values of family and that we keep modesty and family values in Bountiful. I'm so grateful to her because she shares with me and Ryan each time we run into her how evil the world has become and it's a tough battle out there for her to fight. Sometimes she feels alone. Now she's made posters for homes that don't have t.v. and they support family time rather than t.v. time. I think that's a bit extreme but if the local channels are getting this bad, it might not be such a bad idea. Love you tons Maele!!

ma'elePHOTO said...

Fo'ou~

Yeah it might not be such a bad idea. Seriously. Besides PBS the LOCAL channels have become WORSE than CABLE. I'd rather watch like TLC, HGTV, Food network (of course!), Discovery Health... etc I guess I just wasn't so aware of the FILTH on REGULAR television.

Luela- Yeah... I think the title is a DEAD giveaway! (lol!). Goes to show, maybe it all could just be avoided. I hate walking away from a show or movie feeling GROSS.

ma'elePHOTO said...

Ok funny story... So Siope approached his neighbor and asked if he was voting this year and he was like "Ah man, I can't... I'm a FELON!" Of course Siope blew it off as no big deal but continued to informed him about Prop 8 and got him to proudly post a "YES" sign on his lawn and car. Way to go... get the word out there to EVERYONE and ANYONE. Everything counts right?! (lol!)

Jill said...

Good for you Maele, sometimes we have to sacrifice the little things. You'll be blessed.

JeN said...

Oh ya.. Saw that episode and was a lover of the show before but I am WITH YA ALL THE WAY.. I was Gagging and Dying right there with you too.. It's off my schedule.. YES ON 8...

Luela said...

Am I missing something? What happened on Greys Anatomy? I haven't watched the show in a while so I'm not sure what's going on now.....

Anonymous said...

I havent seen that show in a long time but good to know and oh yeah we stop listening to power 106 cus they are no on prop 8 so we just listen to kfog they are for it...
Erika Madsen