
Growing up we ALWAYS had Chili dogs and cornbread OR homemade scones on Halloween night. I didn't even attempt to make Lani's YUMMY scones. Maybe next year! We all scarfed down the yummy food. The kids were SOOO EXCITED to get the carving and apple making under way.


We even got the Elders (Angus and Warburton) in on the FUN! They creatively carved a tie on their jack-o-lantern. I was crackin' up though (notice the different eyes). Hummm... reminds me of??? We LOVE all our Missionaries!!

The kids all gathered while Jared pulled out his guns (thank goodness for those POWER TOOLS!) to carve a mean pumpkin. LOL!

and Jeff was HIDING his pumpkin template/ design (lol!)... dang Sarah, didn't know Jeff skills were TOP SECRET! hehehe!

They all did a pretty good job! The kids had a BLAST and loved seeing their creations come to life.

We made some MAD caramel apples. I forgot until then why we were SUPPOSE to use TART apples like the Jongolds or Granny Smith's, 'cause these ones made for some SWEEEEEET candied apples. But hey, didn't stop us from eating them...


These yummy creations were G O N E by the end of the night.

"It's OK Elder, go ahead and DIG in... grubbin' allowed in this house!" Elder W was trying to be so polite and proper. Uhm, I don't think that's possible with an ooey gooey apple! I guess you could slice it like Rocky Mountain Choc Fac, but no one wanted to wait long enough for the caramel to set.

And my little Moe was SSOOO worn out by the day's events he zonked out before everyone left. Love catching these two in a moment like this.

and
just
FIVE!!!!
MINUTES!!!!
after
this
shot
was
taken....

two little ladies decided they needed a SCARY do for their costumes this year.
Well Miss Em.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!
BE SAFE!!!
VOTE YES ON 8!!!!
11 comments:
I think I'm just going to not blog it and refer everyone to your post!!! I was just getting all my pics situated and saw yours all super cute!! Love the hair cut!!! good think for Julianas curls or else.....!!! Thanx for the invite we all had a blast...you could tell cuz no one wanted to leave....and it was ever so fun trying to get kids up early the next morning!!!
Looks like so much fun.....but oh my gosh Emi! Why do kids do that? My girls don't have enough hair...I would be devastated!
looks like fun...makes me want to carve pumpkins but I don't think my skills would add up to those cute pumpkins. What a great night.
So who would have thought to use power tools? What a great idea. We have carving pumpkins because it's so much work! Now I know the trick!
LOL!! Did Emi cut Juliana's hair?...lol..you're kidding me? Well it's a dang good thing we're related to Jeff or else Sarah would've been like...crazy Tongan people...lol...j/k! Emi you make me laugh all the time! What a fun Halloween night!! The chili and apples look way yummy! I prefer sweet apples over sour Granny apples...so yummy yummy to my tummy!! Happy halloween to the kids!!
Your pictures are always so great. What a fun night! I feel your pain about the hair...deep breath...it'll grow. A friend of mine reminded me that Sister Hinkley has said "I prefer to laugh, crying gives me a headache."
Fun night and great pumpkin carving!! How did the haircuts fit in and why are all the little ones in the ward hacking at their pretty hair??
What a fun night for all of you. You sure do know how to PARTY! Oh you better keep track of the handy dandy power tools.
Eh, who gave Emi the scissors anyways? LOL Love you Emi and jealous Im not there to crash your pumpkin carving party. Love always, Aunty Ne
Hi Maele! How are you guys? Hope all is well! I was just gonna tell you that there's a picture of your brother Willis on my cousin Anapesi's blog-From a Tongan Daughter. I guess your brother is part of the PALE committee? Just thought I'd share with you. Love you tons Maele!
these pictures are SO cute! man, it was making me hungry. . .suddenly i'm craving chili, corbread and carmel apples! looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment